My favorite text editor just got updated. Woopee!
Here’s some recent icons done for BBPress:
Well there’s nothing like spending a 90º summer afternoon in a cool lake with your three kids, all under the age of 12 mind you (that’s key), wrestling and throwing them around in the waves, with high winds whipping up one-footers. Of course it ain’t the Atlantic, but whatryagonnado. We followed it up with some Pad Thai a-la-cart which I’ll post recipe for asap. Altogether an epic day!
Thinking about trying to organize a Wordcamp in Buffalo some time next Spring. Anyone interested in helping out? I need to find sponsors, venue, speakers, etc. Not sure I want to get into unless I have some people backing me up!
I been working on my coconut shrimp:
- 1 pack 25-35 frozen shrimp, e-z-peel®™©
- 2 tb Flour/2 tsp Old Bay mixed together in a bowl
- 1 Lime
- Handful Sweet Shredded Coconut
- Handful Bread Crumbs
- pinch red hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Milk/cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Orange Marmalade
- Throw frozen shrimp in some cool water for 1/2 hour or so or whatever
- pull off the shrimp shells and chuck ’em
- heat up pan with 1/4 inch oil on medium/high
- dry off shrimp in some paper towels and chuck em in the flour/old bay mix and dredge those bad boyz
- coat the dredged shrimp in a whisked mix of egg/milk/beer
- Toss coated shrimp in the coconut/bread crumb/pepper flak mix
- Whisk mayo/marmalade, squeeze 1/2 lime in it and whisk more
- Throw shrimp in pan for 3-4 miutes, turn
- Wait 3-4 minutes, place cooked shrimp on paper towels
- When cool enough, serve with mayo/marmalade dip. Toothpicks are good to have at this point.